On behalf of Hayes School, I would like to extend a very warm welcome to you and your child.
Our team aims to inspire, excite and support all our pupils to ensure they achieve their true potential through a broad and balanced curriculum. We are committed to providing stimulating learning environments where every child feels safe, confident and valued. Because we all learn in different ways, we tailor our school day to address a variety of learning approaches. This supports our high expectations. Learning is at the heart of everything we do!
I am always keen to strengthen our partnership with parents/carers to ensure the best outcomes for your child. If you have any questions or information to share, please liaise with any members of our team. We really do welcome and value your feedback. I look forward to getting to know you and your child during, what I am sure will be, a very productive, happy and exhilarating time.
Thank you for choosing Hayes School.
Mark Hanbury (Headteacher)
- Our school is situated in the seaside town of Paignton, which alongside Torquay and Brixham forms the English Riviera.
- We are situated approximately 1 mile from the town centre opposite a natural woodland and within a pleasant residential area.
- There are approximately 450 children on roll including part-time nursery children. The children are mixed ability, two classes per year group.
- The school boasts a nursery, Early Years and main school building. There is a large playing field, several playgrounds for various ages and a happy school community to fill them all!
- We are one of the few schools in Great Britain to teach all children to play steel drums and marimbas. We participate in South Devon Music Proms and Music for Youth competitions where we have been privileged to perform in the Q. E. Hall in London.
We are committed to creating and maintaining a happy but rigorous learning environment where everyone tries to “be all you can be” in everything they do.
Our School Values are:
Hayes works to achieve its vision by:
- Ensuring that we create an atmosphere that allows the children to be safe, happy, confident and motivated in all their learning.
- Encouraging self-respect by others irrespective of their colour, creed, race or religion.
- Valuing contributions from anybody in our community.
- Promoting and observing equality of opportunity for everybody in the school.
- Instilling a belief in all children that they can achieve success, whatever their background.
- Giving children the voice and information to become exceptional citizens both in their local community and in the wider world.
- Working in partnership with families in the provision of high quality education and pastoral care for their children.
- Consulting where appropriate to make Hayes school even better than it is now.
- Encouraging children to increasingly take responsibility for their work and responsibilities.
- Building on the success of our assertive discipline policy.