- Home E
- Our Learning E
Please click the links on the right to find out about our learning at Hayes School.
At Hayes, we believe that values education has a crucial role in education, because it plays a part in raising achievement, and it encourages pupils to be self-disciplined active learners.
Values education supports quality teaching and learning, whilst making a positive contribution to the development of a fair, just and civil society.
The values we have chosen to adopt include Aspiration, Resilience, Friendship, Success, Discovery & Responsibility underpin British values. However, British Values are also taught and discussed explicitly
How we promote British Values at Hayes:
- By teachers explaining the meaning of the value
- By pupils reflecting on the value and what it means to them and their own behaviour
- By pupils using the value to guide their own actions
- By staff modelling the value through their own behaviour
- By ensuring that values are taught implicitly through every aspect of the curriculum
- Through the work of the school council
- By involving all staff, governors and parents in the values programme, through newsletters which explain how school and home can work together to promote positive values