1. School Business Manager
Permanent Position – starting ASAP
(Salary Grade: NJC Scale Points 35 to 41 – £41,496 to £47,573)
(Additional £2,400 optional for clerking duties)
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
We are looking to appoint a school Business Manager commencing in October 2023 (or sooner), to facilitate the smooth running of all non-teaching aspects of the school.
The closing date is Friday 22nd September at 12 noon.
2. Speech and Language Champion:
30.83 hours per week (flexible for the right candidate)
Permanent term time only position
£20,441 FTE (paid pro rata – actual £14,523)
The Governors and Senior Leadership Team are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic speech and language specialist who has experience working with pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). Experience of delivering Speech and Language therapy would be desirable. We are looking for a committed individual who is highly-organised and can inspire learning.
The application pack and an application form can be found below.
The closing date is Friday 6th October at 12 noon.
Please email completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3.Hayes School is looking for Governors and Members
Hayes School is a stand-alone academy, rated as ‘good in all areas’ by Ofsted in October 2019.
It is a happy, thriving primary school in the seaside town of Paignton. There are approximately 450 children on roll including nursery children. The children are mixed ability with two classes per year group.
We have an established Governing Body and associated Committees. The Board manages the business of the Trust and its focus is on the three core functions of governance:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding executive leaders to account for educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing financial performance and making sure money is well spent.
Who we are looking for:
We are in need of both a member and a school Governor. Members are like shareholders who meet 1 to 2 times per year to receive and adopt papers and oversee governance arrangements. Governors act as the critical friend of the Headteacher and senior leadership team, and provide support and challenge. The Board and Committees each meet 3 times per year.
Requirements for new Governors / Members
- Experience in any of the following areas: Finance, Human Resources, Legal Services, Business Management;
- An interest in Primary School education;
- Members need to attend 1 to 2 meetings per year (meetings may be virtual)
- Trustees must be able to attend at least 6 meetings a year (some may be virtual);
- Dedication to the role and to providing both support and challenge to senior leaders.
- Finance expertise; ideally with knowledge of auditing businesses and/or charities.
- Human Resource Management expertise
- Legal expertise; ideally in contract law
- Academia; with teaching or education experience and an interest in improving the student experience of education;
- Strategic Change Management
- Corporate Governance
- Non-executive director
- Flexibility to attend meetings as required.
Directors are not paid though reasonable expenses are met. Governors serve for four years, after which they can ask to be re-elected or stand down.