Permanent Full Time Upper Key Stage 2 Teaching Position
Our children are looking for a committed individual who is highly organised and inspirational. Hayes is a happy and thriving primary school in the seaside town of Paignton, judged as ‘Good’ in all areas by Ofsted in 2019. There are approximately 450 children on roll including our nursery. The children are mixed ability with two classes per year group. Our strong team of teachers are supported by highly skilled teaching assistants.
We are in need of a full-time upper Key Stage 2 teacher in Year five or six.
Hayes School has a deep vision and passion for learning, and supporting children to “be all they can be”.
We are committed to high quality teaching for all our children and believe that passion and drive are the foundations for outstanding education. Join us in exploring what learning can be like and help us to develop the most exciting curriculum possible.
If you decide to apply, please refer to the person specification when writing the application. We are looking for the ‘right person’ to fulfil the role and we believe that recruitment is not a science based entirely on tick boxes and therefore, would encourage you to apply if you feel you are the right person for our school. We would love to meet you.
Please e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone 01803 557336 to arrange a visit to the school.
I hope that this information, alongside our website, has provided you with a feeling for the school and our ethos, and has tempted you to find out more. Please feel free to view our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Hayes-School-113166103943125.
Application packs and application forms can be downloaded below.
Please email the completed application to Allison Grant, School Business Manager at: email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Monday 27th September at 12 noon.
Hayes School is looking for Governors and Members
Hayes School is a stand-alone academy, rated as ‘good in all areas’ by Ofsted in October 2019.
It is a happy, thriving primary school in the seaside town of Paignton. There are approximately 450 children on roll including nursery children. The children are mixed ability with two classes per year group.
We have an established Governing Body and associated Committees. The Board manages the business of the Trust and its focus is on the three core functions of governance:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding executive leaders to account for educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing financial performance and making sure money is well spent.
Who we are looking for:
We are in need of both a member and a school Governor. Members are like shareholders who meet 1 to 2 times per year to receive and adopt papers and oversee governance arrangements. Governors act as the critical friend of the Headteacher and senior leadership team, and provide support and challenge. The Board and Committees each meet 3 times per year.
Requirements for new Governors / Members
- Experience in any of the following areas: Finance, Human Resources, Legal Services, Business Management;
- An interest in Primary School education;
- Members need to attend 1 to 2 meetings per year (meetings may be virtual)
- Trustees must be able to attend at least 6 meetings a year (some may be virtual);
- Dedication to the role and to providing both support and challenge to senior leaders.
- Finance expertise; ideally with knowledge of auditing businesses and/or charities.
- Human Resource Management expertise
- Legal expertise; ideally in contract law
- Academia; with teaching or education experience and an interest in improving the student experience of education;
- Strategic Change Management
- Corporate Governance
- Non-executive director
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to the Trust schools, and attend meetings as required.
Directors are not paid though reasonable expenses are met. Governors serve for four years, after which they can ask to be re-elected or stand down.
To apply for the post, please send your CV and a short expression of interest to Allison Grant, Clerk to Governors, by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 075844 36093 for more details.