Hayes School is looking for Governors to join the Governing Body
Hayes School is a stand-alone academy, rated as ‘good in all areas’ by Ofsted in October 2019. It is a happy, thriving primary school in the seaside town of Paignton. There are approximately 450 children on roll including nursery children. The children are mixed ability with two classes per year group.
We have an established Governing Body and associated Committees. The Board manages the business of the Trust and its focus is on the three core functions of governance:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding executive leaders to account for educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing financial performance and making sure money is well spent.
Who we are looking for:
Strategic thinkers who are dedicated to supporting our school through effective governance. We are especially interested in individuals with experience gained at a senior level with a background in finance, law, education or asset utilisation, income generation, organisational design and cultural change, transformational change and external relations.
Requirements for new Trustees
- Experience in Finance, Human Resources, Legal Services and/or Business Management;
- An interest in Primary School education;
- Able to attend at least 6 meetings a year;
- Dedication to the role and to providing both support and challenge to senior leaders.
- Finance expertise; ideally with knowledge of auditing businesses and/or charities.
- Human Resource Management expertise
- Legal expertise; ideally in contract law
- Strategic Change Management
- Corporate Governance
- Non-executive director
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to the Trust schools, and attend meetings as required.
Directors are not paid though reasonable expenses are met. Governors serve for four years, after which they can ask to be re-elected or stand down.
To apply for the post, please send your CV and a short expression of interest to Allison Grant, Clerk to Governors, by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 075844 36093 for more details.
The closing date for applications is Friday 20th December 2019 at 12 noon.
Hayes School is looking for a Play Leader to join our successful and caring team, starting in January. We are looking for a flexible candidate with a strong, sensitive and caring approach to children’s needs, who is an effective communicator and able to think creatively.
You need to be able to build positive relationships with the children and staff and be willing to work as part of a team.
Job Title: Play Leader
Hours: 10 hours per week, 38 weeks per year
Time: 11.15 am to 1.15 pm
Salary Details: £9.00 per hour
To apply please download the application form below.
Alternatively, an application form can be collected from the main school reception.
The closing date is 20th December 2019.