Mr M Wright M.A. H. Dip Ed
Headmaster of Hayes School
Hayes School - About us
- Our School is situated in the seaside town of Paignton which, along with Torquay and Brixham forms the English Riveria.
- Hayes School is situated approximately 1 mile from the town centre opposite a natural woodland and within a pleasant residential area.
- There are approximately 460 children on roll including part time nursery children. The children are mixed ability, two classes per year group.
- The school has been fully refurbished over the past years and now boasts a nursery, early years and main school building. There is a large playing field, several playgrounds for various aged children and a happy school community to fill them all!
- Hayes School is the only school in Great Britain to teach all children to play steel drums and marimbas. We participate in South Devon Music Proms and Music for Youth competitions where we have been priveledged to perform in the Q E Hall London.
We are committed to creating and maintaining a happy and rigorous working and learning environment where everybody tries to become the best that they can be in everything that they do.
Our mantra is this:
- We work hard.
- We care for each other.
- We have good manners.
How We Propose To Achieve Our Vision
- We will create an atmosphere that is warm, happy and welcoming.
- We will encourage self-respect as well as respect for others irrespective of their colour, creed or race.
- We will value contributions from anybody to our community.
- We will observe and promote equality of opportunity for everybody in the school.
- We will encourage parents or carers to act as partners with their child or children and the staff in the education we offer.
- We will consult, wherever appropriate, to further develop Hayes Primary School in every respect.
- We will encourage children to increasingly take responsibility for their work and accept wider responsibilities in school.
- Everybody in our community will be encouraged to make a positive contribution not only to our society but also to the wider world.
- We will build on the success of our assertive discipline policy.